Air Center MYF, LLC is a next generation contemporary aviation facility which will transform, and future proof southern California’s corporate and private transportation needs.
This facility is specifically designed to offer full service Fixed Base Operator (FBO) amenities for business jets and helicopters, with featured services including hangar rentals and fueling options — and which when completed will rival any similar facility worldwide.
The project is comprised of:
- an approximate 4,700 square foot FBO, with
- 5,000 square feet of leasable office space,
- 8,800 square feet for a dedicated Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility,
- 80,000 square feet of leasable aircraft hangar storage,
- 210,000 square feet of new paved ramp area,
- a public viewing area with food concession for aviation customers,
- security fencing to separate the public areas from the aircraft operating areas, and
- a curbside drop-off area within a landscaped parking area.
The project is located on an approximately eight acre site at Montgomery Gibbs Executive Airport, in the heart of San Diego, California.
Air Center MYF, LLC proposes to relocate the existing Shier Aviation Corporation (DBA Corporate Helicopters) business as one of the anchor tenants for the new facility.
Corporate Helicopters has operated their business locally since 1990 and has been a major subtenant at Montgomery Gibbs Executive Airport for 27 years.
Corporate Helicopters has successfully grown their helicopter business and requires new and improved facilities to meet the current and future needs of their customers.
Air Center MYF, LLC proposes building new aviation structures, including a Fixed-Based Operator (FBO) facility, Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility, aviation office headquarters with leasable space, aircraft hangers with build-to-suit interiors, pavement design up to 75,000 lbs. aircraft with, adjacency on three sides to taxiways and taxi lanes; and will be the most visually prominent site at Montgomery Gibbs Executive Airport.
Corporate Helicopters welcomes interest from prospective investors who share the company’s vision for corporate and private air travel into the future and providing Southern California with a leading edge, innovative aviation facility.